I got a late start this morning, arriving at WE2 at 9:00AM. Bird activity was
slow - two flyover Bobolinks, a few small groups of Baltimore Oriole's, and not
much else. As the morning progressed, however, new birds were found, and it was
clear that this was going to be low number, good variety day. Highlights were a
Yellow-breasted Chat, found by Bob Berlingeri in the median, that I was able to
observe, as well as a spanking fall adult male Blackburnian Warbler. The swale
was slow, with a lone Baird's Sandpiper being the highlight. Compared to
yesterday, where two species of warbler were observed all morning at WE2, today
was a bonanza.

At Heckscher State Park, Sue Feustel found a single Buff-breasted Sandpiper
feeding in the median east of the pool accompanied by ten Killdeer. Warblers
observed were Parula, Magnolia, Chestnut-sided, and Am. Redstart.

Ken Feustel