At Montauk Point (Suffolk Co.) this morning, Hugh McGuinness and I
seawatched for a short time with a distant jaeger being the only notable.
Overhead migration seemed limited (not too surprising considering the rain
and N-NNE winds during the night) but we did pick up a few interesting
passerine migrants in the bushes around the main parking lot and lighthouse,
including a *CAPE MAY WARBLER* (a rare sight on the East End), *BLACKPOLL
WARBLER*, *YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO* and *WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW*.

Along the Seal Haul Out Trail a mile or so to the east, we found a couple of
small feeding flocks including *BAY-BREASTED WARBLER*, *TENNESSEE WARBLER*,
*BLACKPOLL WARBLER*, *NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH*, *BLUE-HEADED* and *RED-EYED
VIREOS*. The weed choked main pond at Theodore Roosevelt County Park (Third
House) hosted a good selection of birds including a *BLUE GROSBEAK*, at
least 10 *INDIGO BUNTINGS*, *WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW* and 30+ *BOBOLINK*.

--
Angus Wilson
New York City & The Springs, NY, USA