As Shai Mitra indicated in an earlier post, there was a good movement of
passerines down the beach this morning. We counted birds from the west end of
parking field 2 from 7:45AM to 9:00AM. Birds continued to migrate down the
beach after we stopped counting and were still moving by late in the morning.
Some numbers from our count:

Red-winged Blackbird - 3,275
American Goldfinch - 1,500
Tree Swallow - 1,200
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 1,000
American Robin - 500
Pine Siskin - 300
Purple Finch - 100
Cedar Waxwing - 125

On the ocean at RMSP there were all three species of scoter, good numbers of
Gannet, and three Royal Terns.

At West End all the species present at RMSP were present (albeit in smaller
numbers) with good numbers of Golden-crowned Kinglet, Hermit Thrush,
White-throated Sparrow, and Dark-eyed Junco on the ground. Our best bird was a
Yellow-billed Cuckoo. Additionally, a fair hawk flight developed in the late
morning highlighted by Merlins and Kestrels.

Ken & Sue Feustel