Jones Beach; Point Lookout   2 November

I met Joe Giunta at Jones Beach after voting this morning. (You did vote,
didn't you). Lots of birds inc, PURPLE FINCHES and PINE SISKINS, some of which
dropped in.

We could not locate the Shrike at the Nature Center,

At Point Lookout, we birded the rock pile where we again encountered lots of
birds including a very bright winter "Eastern" PALM WARBLER.
On the ocean rounding the west jetty going west, were 18 COMMON EIDERS followed
by an adult male. As we walked east, we saw 15 terns flying into the inlet
including 2 that may have appeared large. Those we could identify were
FORSTER'S TERNS. It was low tide and the usual gulls were resting on the
exposed bar in the inlet including a pair of ROYAL TERNS (the large pair we saw
earlier?).

Good Birding,  Sy Schiff