I witnessed a nice movement of land birds from the hawk watch at Robert
Moses State Park today in a light northerly wind.  I began at 6:40 AM and
ended at 7:20 AM.  Numbers are below.

*1 White-winged Crossbill-* Adult female, circled platform, calling, before
landing in nearby pine.  Gave excellent views the entire time.
56 Pine Siskins
177 American Goldfinches
4 Horned Larks
1 Eastern Meadowlark
35 American Robin
32 Red-winged Blackbird

On my way home I checked the exposed flats off of the Oak Beach parking lot
west of Captree.  There were large concentrations of shorebirds including
about 250 Dunlin, 100 Sanderlings, and 15 Black-bellied Plovers.  A flock of
37 Bonaparte's Gulls was also present, but failed to yield anything of
interest.

Brent Bomkamp
Northport, NY