Sorry about the late post, but on my hike yesterday morning at Sunken Meadow
State Park I had some first-of-the-season birds including 2 Common Merganser
hens(bit early), 7 Fox Sparrows, and 17 Common Goldeneyes.  The highlights from
my hike are below.

Long-tailed Ducks-  25+
Common Goldeneye- flock of 17 on LI Sound
Hooded Mergansers- 25+
Common Mergansers- FoS, 2 hens on upper reaches of SM Creek
Red-breasted Mergansers- 50++
Ruddy Ducks- 12
Pied-billed Grebe-1
Horned Grebe- FoS, 1
Common Loon- 8
Red-throated Loon- 1
American Coots- 2
Fish Crows
Golden-crowned Kinglets- 2
Hermit Thrush- 4
American Tree Sparrows- 8
Fox Sparrow- flock comprised solely of 6 birds, also 1 individual in mixed
species flock along park road (7 altogether)
Dark-eyed Juncos
Purple Finch- 4 including a gorgeous male

Vinny Pellegrino

Sent from my iPad