Massapequa Preserve 17 Dec.

Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) followed up on Dave Klauber's report, arriving at
Pittsburgh Ave. about 2:15.  At the pond we saw a Great Blue Heron and Belted
Kingfisher .Walking north to where we believed was the spot, we heard a very
vocal WINTER WREN across the stream and 2 BROWN CREEPERS on our side. No
warblers.

We then drove north to Massachusetts Ave (400 yds north) and parked on Parkside
Blvd. next to the entrance path to the hiking trail. on the west side of the
stream  We walked north for 200 yards and returned, all without success.  Five
yards to the south at the junction to return to the car, as we were leaving the
preserve, we spotted a small bird feeding on the white tuffs of goldenrod, the
elusive ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER. . Another WINTER WREN appeared on the short
walk to the car.

Sy