A bright sunny morning Friday, following Thursday's near white out conditions
with snow falling sideways in the high winds produced some great birds.  A
number of birders were out around the county and while no one got all of the
birds, everyone found something good.  Lance already posted his BOHEMIAN
WAXWINGS, I can only hope they find some of our abundant berries and fruits and
remain in the area.  Arlene Borko and I had many COMMON REDPOLLS in several
locations totaling about 80 birds.  EVENING GROSBEAKS were present again at Sue
Rayono's home at the corner of Smith and Cooley Mt. Roads on the
Liberty/Neversink line.  SNOW BUNTINGS and HORNED LARKS were each found in
appropriate spots.  Scott Baldinger had a dark-phase ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK, as well
as a NORTHERN SHRIKE on Rt 53 near the Rondout Reservoir.  RED-SHOULDERED HAWKS
put in a good showing with three seen and a total of 17 BALD EAGLES for the day
was a good count.  John Haas