The Tufted Duck found by Gary Strauss on the eastern side of Cold Spring harbor
was still there around 3:30, associating with a small (10-15) flock of Greater
Scaup and a couple of Bufflehead, a bit north of the town dock. This flock flew
directly west to the opposite (west) side of the harbor, which unfortunately
has minimal access, as most of it is private property. I believe there is one
public viewing are at the end of Laurelton Beach Road, which is a bit north.
Good luck to all. It's the first one I've seen for over 10 years, and the first
in Nassau County and the north shore