Although I didn't get the above, I did make the acquaintance of Aaron Virgin,
of the "Group for the East End", who had just finished "bushwhacking" the loop
around the area where the solitaire was found on New Years Day. Shortly
afterward, a group of 8 Rusty Blackbirds landed close to us, stayed a short
while, and then took off. Earlier, Aaron had seen 12 R/ B's and 1, possibly 2,
G. Catbirds in the same area.
I then headed to the E.Marion/ Orient Causeway to look for the Barrow's
Goldeneye, that was also seen on New Years Day, but came up empty !
Again heading east, I ventured to the Orient Point Ferry and found the
accommodating Glaucous Gull (which was also seen on New Years Day), thereby
avoiding a "reverse hat-trick"
Cheers,Bob