A good day birding with only 1 major miss and a surpise.
Bob May, Bobby Rosetti and I (Dave Klauber) saw the Leconte's and Lark Sparrows
at Calverton, as well as some Meadowlarks. I think those responsible
photographers should take pictures of the boneheads - photographer and birder
alike - who scare away good birds. One photographer with a dark beard - don't
know his name, unfortunately scared the bird this morning away from its
location, but fortunately the bird returned.
After we went east to Orient Point. Missed the Barrow's and in fact there were
very few Goldeneye at the Marion causeway. At the ferry terminal the only gull
was the immature Glaucous with the bad foot. Along the road in Orient Point
State park were about 5-6 Common Redpolls, and a Purple sandpiper. Sommewhere
between Calverton and there was a lone Turkey Vulture

Dave Klauber