I'd agree with "many photographers", but disagree with *most*.
The first ebirdsnyc post is just sightings, so not of any interest
apart from the link to the blog.  The followup is interesting in its
set of rationales, some perhaps bizarre, as cited by John.  The blog
gives some idea of how far he went, but I'm not sure it gives much
basis for anything beyond a trespass legal action, however much it may
be warranted.

But for those that are curious, the ebirdsnyc messages are:

Blog: http://yojimbot.blogspot.com/

Phil Jeffrey
Princeton NJ