Hi All,       I gave an Eastern Long Island Audubon Walk from Montauk to
East Hampton today. On our last stop at Main Beach,[south Main St.], East
Hampton we had an Eared Grebe directly out from the parking lot in breakers
some 25 yards from shore. It gave all of us multiple looks. We had just come
from the   Atlantic  Ave. beachfront where an Eared had been spotted last
weekend. At  Montauk we had one female King Eider way to the left of the
patio, a Turkey Vulture that  came around the Point flying well offshore of
the concession and small number of Northern Gannets,[we had the latter at
all ocean stops]. All three Scoters are still well represented and the
smaller Common Eider delegation seemed to be enjoying Montauk's balmy
breezes. Seven Great Cormorants were at rest on the towers at the Lake
Montauk jetties. There were 2 first winter Lesser Black Backed Gulls just
inside the inlet there and Sally Newbert and Tom Moran saw an Iceland Gull
at Gosman's on the beach just to the west. The Canvasbacks continued at the
northwest corner of Fort Pond,but the 4 Redheads,[ found by Joe Lynch],this
morning were  with a flock of Ring necked Duck at the southernmost end of
the pond by Montauk Highway .While Lazy Point was a bust, even for
shorebirds, Hook Pond still had 8 Common Mergansers. Driving home as we past
the Mill Pond in Watermill we spotted a FOS Osprey.  Good March Birding,
Carl Starace