This morning when I set out I found a Juvenile Bald Eagle at the
intersection of Pleasure Dr. and Rt 104 in Flanders - unfortunately for me
it was pretty backlit while I photographed it flying but it was carrying
prey (a fish).  I'm not too good at aging bald eagles but there was very
little white on it (this was around 9:30 AM)

A pair of Wood Ducks were seen in the Pond on the North Side of Montauk Hwy.
in Quogue (just west of Lakewood Ave.)

Along Dune Rd. there were 2 Killdeer feeding and 2 Great Egrets on the East
Quogue/Quogue Border.  Oyster Catchers were in small numbers on the flats
near the Ponquogue Bridge.

EPCAL was slow aside from the 12+ Kestrels.  2 Horned Larks were also seen
on the runway in addition to 2 Northern Harriers.

Photos of the birds including the eagle can be seen here:
http://birdsoflongisland.blogspot.com/2011/03/juvenile-bald-eagle.html

--
- Luke Ormand, Flanders

www.birdsoflongisland.blogspot.com