There are 2 second-hand reports of White Ibis sightings from Staten
Island, N.Y. City this past week, both posted on the SI NaturaList,
the second of these (top report below) from a different location than
the original (and photo-documented) sighting at Mount Loretto: Great
Kills National Recreation Area, which is also on the outer harbor &
not that far north from Mt. Loretto (which is more on Raritan Bay
below the outer NYC harbor area), and is also off the SE side of Hylan
Boulevard. This more recent report is from Friday, 29 April (and I had
just noticed it this Saturday 7:30 a.m., that is the report - not the
bird ;-)

Since White Ibis is a "review" species in New York state, it would be
great if any photos and field notes, any documentation of sightings by
the observer[s], can be submitted to NYSARC (NY State Avian Records
Committee), which can be done on-line.  Of course, a lot of folks
would be interested to know of additional & current sightings!
Incidentally, in a quick search of other out-of-expected-range recent
records of this species, I did not find any, but there could be some
additional reports "out there".

Good birding,

Tom Fiore,
Manhattan