I visited EPCAL on my way home and was disappointed in the lack of birds.  A
little walking turned up the following:  Brown Thrasher, Kestrels, Eastern
Meadowlark, Eastern Kingbird, Prairie Warbler (heard), Turkey and some Barn
Swallows.

As I continued home to Flanders, I stopped at the small canoe launch /
fishing area located across the street from Snowflake Ice Cream on Main St.
in Riverhead (also known as the road leading to the LIPA substation).  I was
there no more than a minute when an Osprey flew from the eastern portion of
the river (which was wells screened) with a freshly caught fish (I believe a
herring).  It saw me and made a U-turn and headed back toward the east.
 Fortunately I had my camera in hand.   Other birds seen and photographed in
this spot were: Yellow-rumped Warblers (they were plentiful), Baltimore
Orioles (all males), Yellow Warbler, Grey Catbird, Great Egret, Northern
Rough-winged Swallows, Eastern Kingbird and a Pine Warbler was seen but not
photographed.

For photos check out this blog post:
http://birdsoflongisland.blogspot.com/2011/05/birds-along-peconic-river.html

--