It's May, the month of the "Bib Day", and John C. had one  today! He and I
spent most of morning, first at the Rocky Point D/E/C property, and then,
en-route home, a fast stop at The Nature Conservancy Property in Wading River
(formally the old Kemp property). John is a neighbor, a friend, and a novice
birder, who was able to use some of the presents he asked for this past
Christmas- his new binoculars and field guide were really "broken in", as we
investigated all the sounds and movements that surrounded us.
John was quite thrilled as he saw, and/or heard the following species for the
first time: Red-shouldered Hawk; Red-bellied Woodpecker; Red-eyed Vireo; E.
Bluebird (female entering nest-box); Yellow Warbler; Yellow-rumped W.; Black &
White W.; Ovenbird; Scarlet Tanager; E. Towhee; Baltimore Oriole and Orchard O.
2 birds that John did not get on were my FOS  Brown Thrasher & Rose-breasted
Grosbeak.
Cheers, Bob