There is a good movement of seabirds currently going on at Robert Moses State
Park Field 2. We received a call early this morning from Pat Lindsay of
numerous Wilson's Storm Petrels, Loons, and Gannets. Upon arriving at 8:15AM we
quickly observed the Wilson's Storm Petrels fairly close to shore, as well as
good numbers of Northern Gannets and Common Loons. Pat and Shai Mitra had
earlier observed Parasitic Jaeger and Black Terns. Shai and Pat left and we
were soon joined by Tom Burke, Gail Benson, and Bob Schrieber (last name
possibly misspelled). Shortly after Tom, Gail, and Bob left we observed a
Parasitic Jaeger harassing a feeding group of Common Terns and Wilson's Storm
Petrels. A single flyby Black Tern appeared shortly after the Jaeger.
Additional birds of note were two pairs of Roseate Terns flying just off the
beach as well as all three Scoters, two Lesser Black-backed Gulls, and three
Red-throated Loons. Tom and Gail indicated that they had observed two Manx
Shearwaters at RMSP Field 2 yesterday evening at around 6:00PM. Good Luck if
you go!

Ken & Sue Feustel