This morning at 10 am I found a juvenile WHITE IBIS at the Bashakill.  I made
several calls as the bird was flying around the marsh a lot and settled in
several spots over the next hour and a half.  I good some poor shots that at
least identify the bird.  I finally reached Arlene Borko 45 minutes later and
she came over and had great looks at the bird as it passed over Haven Road
several times.  We viewed the bird off and on until 11:30 am when the bird
finally settled into the marsh about one and a half miles west of Haven Road.
Though we watched for some time, we didn't ever see it come up again.  The
Bashakill is extremely overgrown at this time of year and spotting the bird
when not in flight will not be likely.  Several of us will be looking again
this afternoon and I will post whether or not it is found. This is needless to
say a first record for Sullivan County.  A few poor shots of the bird are on my
blog at https://bashakillbirder.wordpress.com    John Haas