Subject: for the NY birding list

Hello Sy, could you put this on the NY birding list for me? maybe some
will find it of interest?

thanks

FYI birders, while hiking/butterflying at Stillwell Woods county park
today in Woodbury/Syosset (Nassau County) I noticed immediately that
the VERY large open field is now largely unmowed by the county (except
for the RC airplane area). There is a covering of grasses and Queen
Annes Lace that is  shoulder high or less. I dont know if this has the
potential to attract grassland birds or not (I dont know much about
birds), but I ran into birders  Jim Osterlund and his wife, and they
were wondering the same thing. Another  friend who is a birder thought
high weeds may actually discourage birds, but it may be worth checking
out if you are in the area. Jim said Indigo Bunting was the only
interesting bird they had seen. The butterflies definitely like the
change though.

Steve Rosenthal