Thank you all NY birders who posted the Orange county,
NORTHERN WHEATEAR 10/7/11. And to Rob Stone for
originally finding this great bird!  I wanted to get it as a state bird.
I had seen Oil city Road posts before, but I never travel east on
Rte 17 during daylight hours.

I arrived at Oil City Road, Warwick, NY/ the Wallkill Wildlife Management Area,
and parked by the platform/ Liberty Marsh Wetlands Restoration sign on the left.
Thanks for the great directions, Jeff Goulding, I made a couple wrong turns,
but finally
made it with enough daylight. BTW Jeff, a 'backwards Y' is a "fork",,, haha:)!!
For folks needing an address for their GPS:
use either # 48 or 72 Oil City Road, Warwick, NY. 10990.

There was a Subaru Forester in the dirt lot, that made me feel good,
a known "birders vehicle:)",I spotted a birder walking out the dirt road across
from the lot.
His name was Barry, (sorry sir I forgot your last name). He tipped me off to the
last place he saw the bird! Thanx !

I walked all the way in, checking everything..around the bend with the JD
tractor pump,
across the washout,,a Toyota pickup drove in from Biernstine Lane.
A bird with white in its rump area lifted from the dirt road and flew towards
me but never
showed itself in behind the phrags..
The driver said he was scouting for deer....? He asked about BAEA's and Falcons.

I turned to leave, as I crossed the washout, and heard an unfamiliar twitter
call to my right,
then to my left just around the bend where the green JD tractor pump is, there
perched on
the grassy berm was the brown tone N. Wheatear!

I also saw:
thousands of CAGO, hundreds of ducks, gadwall, gw teal, mallards, pintails, C
mergs..
8 Wilson's snipe, along the ditch of the dirt road in..and out.
8 Black crowned night herons. flying from over the platform down the dirt
road...
1 American bittern.
1 Skunk on berm.

I left the dirt lot at 7:17 pm.

http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/757/_/Northern_Wheatear.aspx

listen to the call , exact :)

What "great" property, I "will" go back again.....

Dan Furbish
Truckin' thru 5 northern states in a big rig.
peterbilt.bir...@yahoo.com