To further add to the Yellow-bellied Flycatcher (YBFL) discussion, I was
provided with some of the earliest arrival banding dates from John and Sue
Gregoire at Kestrel Haven Avian Migration Observatory (KHMO). Some of these
data can be accessed on their website
(http://www.empacc.net/~kestrelhaven/index.html) by going to the Wildlife
page (http://www.empacc.net/~kestrelhaven/KHMOWildlife.html) and selecting
the Arrival dates PDF link
(http://www.empacc.net/~kestrelhaven/KHMO-Arrivals.pdf).

The earliest arrival banding dates they have on record are as follows; they
started banding in 1986; if there is not a year present, then a YBFL was not
banded that spring:

1990 - 21 May

1991 - 11 May

1994 - 23 May

1995 - 23 May

2003 - 30 May

2005 - 18 May

2006 - 28 May

2007 - 30 May

I was able to locate some of my own personal YBFL sighting data (all of
which were seen - and in many cases heard - at the Hawthorn Orchard in
Northeast Ithaca, NY), which is not entirely entered into eBird (shame on
me!). I know I'm missing a few sighting dates, including at least one for
June:

2001 - 24 May

2002 - 24 May

2005 - 26 May

2005 - 27 May

2006 - 24 May

2008 - 24 May

2008 - 25 May
(https://picasaweb.google.com/cth4th/2008HawthornOrchardBirds#)

2009 - 25 May

2010 - 15 May

2010 - 16 May

Hopes this helps!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--

Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes

TARU Product Line Manager and Field Applications Engineer

Bioacoustics Research Program, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

159 Sapsucker Woods Road, Ithaca, New York 14850

W: 607-254-2418   M: 607-351-5740   F: 607-254-1132

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp