Can someone post a photo accessible to all?  (not requiring a membership
somewhere)
Bob LewisSleepy Hollow NY

--- On Sat, 9/10/11, Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes <c...@cornell.edu> wrote:

From: Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes <c...@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] Fwd: [MidHudsonBirds] Common Ground Dove
To: "NYSBIRDS-L" <nysbird...@list.cornell.edu>
Cc: "bute...@yahoo.com" <bute...@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 10:27 AM

Upon closer examination of the photo, especially in comparison to immature
Mourning Dove, this bird actually does not appear to be a Common Ground Dove. I
want to thank John Askildsen for posting the alternative identification;
however, I also want to thank
 Linda for trying to get the word out soon of a possible good bird, especially
in light of all of the other recent regional oddities and accidentals.

To quote someone whom I have great respect for:

"I'd rather go chase a rare bird, and find it was not the species originally
thought, than to find out about a rare bird too late and never know!"

Thanks again and good birding to all!!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H