Hi all,
      My father Frank and I took a short walk this evening at the
Marshlands. We didn't see either of the previously reported birds, but
unexpectedly we flushed a 1st fall plumage Connecticut Warbler along the
field path. The bird came up from the grass and flushed into an overhanging
branch. We both got good looks for about 30 seconds. The bird was a chunky
Operonis, with a very heavy, long, and pale bottomed bill, very short tailed
appearance. The bird had a complete eyering, and a complete dingy brown
hood, throat was slightly paler and buff colored.
     Exact location was at the edge of the field about 100 meters shy of the
marsh overlook. Nice little surprise.

-Tim Guida

New Rochelle, NY