First seen briefly around 4:35 p.m. from the parking lot near the
fisherman's drive.  It popped up in one of the tress near the parking lot
where Starlings, Cowbirds and a few Red-winged Blackbirds had gathered but
then dropped out of sight.

Later, seen through 5:15 p.m. with very good views thanks to Michael
McBrien's mom Barbara, who spotted the bird near the Captree Toll Booth.
Shai Mitra and Patricia Lindsay also saw the bird with us.

Interestingly, the bird was feeding on the ground by itself, so this is
something to keep in mind for those who might try for it tomorrow.  I'll
have some photos of the disheveled but quite identifiable Yellow-headed
Blackbird later on the blog.

Good Birding!

Andrew Baksh
Queens NY