The hummingbird was present at it's favorite wood covered hummingbird feeder
inside the butterfly garden at 6:35 AM this (Monday) morning. Early thoughts
are leaning towards the expected Rufous but I have some questions about it so I
need to see better photographs than I was able to get yestereday

PLEASE make sure the gate to the butterfly garden is locked when you leave as
the local deer know how to open the unlocked gate.

Thanks

Michael Bochnik
_________________________________

For the 4th time in 11 years the Beverly Smith Butterfly garden at Lenoir
Nature Preserve in Yonkers, Westchester County is hosting a selasphorus
hummingbird. It was first observed by Bill Van Wart at a feeder behind the
Lenoir Mansion where Hudson River Audubon Society conducts a part-time
hawkwatch. It was later found coming to one of the three feeders inside the
butterfly garden. It strongly prefered the long wooded covered feeder. There is
also some blooming Pineapple Sage to keep an eye on.

Directions.
In the southwest portion of Westchester County (The city of Yonkers) -
Take the Saw Mill River Parkway to Exit 9, Executive Blvd. Take Executive Blvd.
to its end at North Broadway and turn right (north). Go 1/4 mile and turn left
onto Dudley Street. Lenoir's parking lot is on the left. ( some parking is
available at the mansion, second driveway on the left from the light at North
Broadway and Executive Blvd).

See http://www.hras.org/wtobird/lenoir.html for a map of the park.  PLEASE make