The Queens County Bird Club Inc. will be meeting
at the Alley Pond Environmental Center

228-06 Northern Blvd Douglaston, NY 11362-1906

http://www.alleypond.com/directions.htm
at 8pm on Wednesday *November 16th*  { the third Wednesday of the month}

Our Speaker will be *Luke Tiller *
doing a presentation on Hawks

Hawkwatching From the Egde of New York

Perched on the northern edge of New York State is Braddock Bay on Lake Ontario, the site of one of the countries best areas to observe hawk migration. As well as laying claim to many US and Canadian single day hawkwatching records it is also an amazing spot for migrants of all kinds. Come join Luke Tiller to hear about this incredible place as well as some humorous reflections on the ‘art of hawkwatching.’ Originally from Croydon, England (home of Kate Moss and very little else), Luke reignited his passion for birding after moving to the USA and now works as a natural history tour guide and hawkwatcher. Official counter for Greenwich Audubon in CT and Braddock Bay Raptor Research in NY.

*We will also be having a Book Auction*

Non members and guests are invited to join us for our meetings featuring noted guest speakers and to join us on our renowned field trips.

* QCBC is a tax exempt, charitable organization {501c3}.  *

Arie Gilbert
President: *Queens County Bird Club Inc*.
See http://www.qcbirdclub.org/ for more information on trips, speakers, and other events!