forwarded from eBird ABA alerts:

Pink-footed Goose (Anser brachyrhynchus) (1)
- Reported Nov 15, 2011 10:45 by Deborah Powell
- Orange County Trust Bank at Schutt Rd Ext, Orange, New York
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=41.4502537,-74.3808639&ll=41.4502537,-74.3808639
- Comments : "At 10:45 am a Pink-footed Goose was with a small flock
of Canada Geese on the grass at Orange County Trust bank on the corner
of Schutt Rd Ext and Dunning Rd in Middletown.  My husband Lee raced
home to get his camera (We don't have cell phones so no camera with
us.), but the birds were gone when we returned.  We've been driving
all around the area looking for them to no avail.  The goose is
smaller than a Canada.  Its bill is short with black at the base and
tip with pink in the middle.  It has very pink legs.  We couldn't see
the feet in the grass.  The body is light brownish with the head a bit
darker.  Eyes are dark.  White under tail coverts.  White edge on
wing.  We've seen these in England.  They differ from White-fronted
which has orange legs, all pink bill (Juveniles can have a black
tip.), and white on forehead and behind bill."

--
Tom Johnson
Cape May, NJ