After failing to locate the Ross' Goose at Floyd Bennett Field this morning
(11/26), I cycled across the bridge to Riis park, where I found an adult
winter plumaged Black Headed Gull standing on the beach within the half
circle formed by the promenade at the western end of the park, along with
some 150 Ring Billed Gulls. Many Red Throated Loons and parties of Common
Eider were just offshore. (About 25 Horned Larks were at Floyd Bennett
field, in the grassy area to the north of the astroturf soccer pitches).

--
Richard Fleming
http://antarcticiana.blogspot.com