Monday, 26 December, 2011 -

The Rufous Hummingbird in Manhattan (as reported by Susan Shultz via
ebirdsnyc) was still around the entrance to the American Museum of
Natural History's "Rose center" (aka planetarium) at West 81 Street,
between Columbus Avenue & Central Park West (inside the small park &
near the greenish-flowered shrubs by the building's main entrance).
Susan specifically mentions that the Rufous was in the flowered shrubs
west of the main entrance, Monday morning.

In the west Bronx, the Greater White-fronted Goose was seen (for the
Bronx-Westchester CBC), at Van Cortlandt Park on the golf course in
the morning, by Celia Dubin and other west Bronx counters, and, at
last light (4:45 p.m.) on Van Cortlandt lake by Adele Gotlib & I
(thanks to A.G.'s persistence) with the additional 600+++ Canada Geese
that it arrived there with, in an initial clamor. The Gr. White-
fronted came in as closely as it could have, for nice late looks.  A
full count tally is not known to me at this time; I was unable to make
the eve. compilation.

Good birding,

Tom Fiore,
Manhattan