Having some free time this afternoon, I tried for the Iceland (Kumlien's) Gull,
that has been reported a number of times from Iron Pier Town Beach, Jamesport,
by Paul Gillen. I found Steve Walter there, who had seen the bird before I
arrived, and also reported seeing Purple Sandpipers at Mattituck Inlet, earlier
in the day. Hightailing it there, I too had found the sandpipers (7, in total)
feeding on the rocks, at the end of the west jetty. These were my FOS, and as I
was leaving, they all took off, and then landed on the end of the east jetty.
Cheers, Bob