We checked three times for the Lark Sparrow found yesterday by Jeanne Skelly
and Gary Chapin at Niagara-Orleans Countyline Road at Yates Center Road,
with no success.  The one house here does have a feeder but there was no
seed in it.  A SAVANNAH SPARROW was seen here three or four times, often on
the shoulder of Yates Center Road and also in the swale with cattails along
the west side of Countyline Road, with two SONG SPARROWS.  We saw the SNOWY
OWL on Marshall Road, about ½ to ¾ mile south of Lakeshore Road.  This is
likely the same female that has been reported in the area for about three
weeks.

Other birds today, 32 HORNED GREBES, 1 RED-NECKED GREBE, and 7 RED-THROATED
LOONS on Lake Ontario off of the Town of Somerset (Niagara County).  The
Red-necked Grebe was off of Golden Hill S.P.  One light morph ROUGH-LEGGED
HAWK on Yates Center Road, ¼ mile west of Marshall Road.  One NORTHERN
HARRIER on Lakeshore Road, ¾ mile east of Marshall Road.  Also had three
AMERICAN KESTRELS and three MOCKINGBIRDS.  Betsy had a flock of seven COMMON
REDPOLLS just west of Barker Bicentennial Park, which eventually flew east.

Good birding!

Willie

Willie D'Anna

Betsy Potter