Hi all,
         Although the Slaty-backed did not re-appear for the masses, (and yes I
am feeling that ridiculous guilt, as if I could control it) I have high hopes
for a re-appearance with the number of gulls that were present further out on
the river today.  With tomorrow's milder weather on tap, perhaps some of the
new ice will subside and bring the birds back in closer to shore.

     I have to take a minute to thank Rob Stone and John Haas, whom I
originally bounced this bird off of over the phone which helped me to be more
comfortable with the ID.  In addition, Tom Burke was a big help as were Shai
Mitra, Willie D'Anna, Betsy Potter, Angus Wilson and again John Haas, all of
whom quickly evaluated photos I sent them giving me the thumbs up so that word
could be spread quickly.

I will keep the list up to speed with future developments.

Good Birding,
                    Curt