Based on a recent eBird listing, my friend Devin and I rolled the dice and
went out to Breezy Point for what we assumed was a slim chance at finding
an Snowy Owl. To our surprise and delight we saw not one owl but two.

The first was a bit smaller and slightly mottled with black. It was sitting
on some old chunks of wood on the third dune back from the beach, off to
the right of the diagonal path that cuts from the main sand road to the
shore.

The second owl was further to the west, once again on the third dune back
from the beach. This owl was larger and was completely white. There's a
good chance this was the owl that was hanging out at Jones beach
previously. This owl was sitting in a particularly picturesque spot with
the wonder-wheel and the parachute jump in the background.

Both birds were easily viewable from the dune closest to the shore. It was
made sure that all onlookers kept distance so as to not persuade these owls
to shove off again. Nevertheless the second owl seemed a little bit nervous
and walked around a bit, making a slight hop at one point.

Cheers,

Archer M.