Hi All,

This morning I flushed an UPLAND SANDPIPER from the top of the capped
landfill at Croton Point Park. It flew around a couple times, giving its
awesome flight call, and settled down on the other side, where I
inadvertently flushed it again while trying to relocate it. It seemed to
again settle on the opposite (west) side of the landfill, so I think it is
probably still around, and probably will be at least for today, although it
may take some effort for anyone trying to find it.

Observations from yesterday in Rye included 27 BONAPARTE'S GULLS moving
northeast along the coast, 19 of which came by relatively high up in kettle
formation and then streamed off to the north. A RED-NECKED GREBE is also
still around at Read Sanctuary, offshore. Other birds included a number of
Northern Gannets, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, three swallow species (Barn, Tree,
N. rough-winged), and a pair of Common Goldeneyes.

UPSA photos and full checklist:

Good birding,
Benjamin Van Doren
White Plains, NY