Expecting rain, I missed Gabriel's morning bird walk in Bryant Park.  Waited
all day for the sun to appear.  No luck, so dragged myself out into the cold
damp grayness at 5pm for signs of fallout.  Not a single bird on the lawn, the
sparrows hunkering in the bushes.  Curious, however, finding a lot of other
birders wandering around in the dreary weather - a Prothonatory Warbler had
been spotted in the southeast corner earlier in the day, the very same place we
saw the first warbler of the season (a Yellow-rump of course) last Thursday
during Gabriel's afternoon walk.  After an hour wandering, the sky lightened a
little, and at 6pm I found it in the London Planes just north of the restaurant
- a favored spot for warbler-spotting in the park.  Not high in the canopy, but
just over our heads, making its own little ray of sunshine.

Happy Birding,
Alan Drogin