Could it be like last winter, Bryant Park is keeping the migrants around as
much as the tourists?  And so too us birders.  Matthew helped me locate the
female Wilsons on Monday along the bushes south of the lawn.  That area proved
to be rewarding, besides the summer resident Ovenbird,  Common Yellow-throats
and the year-round Catbirds and occasional White-throated Sparrows, I spotted a
Wood Thrush and Matthew and I saw a Brown Thrasher fly across the lawn.
Tuesday morning before the rain, I finally caught the first-year "Mourning",
despite the strong eye-ring, darting and hopping very unlike a Connecticut (and
making it very difficult to check out the undertail covert).  Matthew caught
the Wilsons again and I was surprised to still spot a Northern Waterthrush.
Could this little park keep us birding year-round?

Happy Birding,
Alan Drogin