A not particularly birdy morning at SMSP was highlighted by a good number of
Vireos foraging through the trees in the company of Black-capped Chickadees. We
patiently looked over the mixed flocks, which was dominated by Red-eyed Vireos
with a few Warbling Vireos mixed in. At our last stop along the road to the
golf course we came across another small group of Chickadees with some Vireos,
and were rewarded with a cooperative Philadelphia Vireo, that posed for a photo
at http://www.flickr.com/photos/kfeustel/

We only recorded seven species of warblers, as southwest winds again seemed to
cause the "trickle through" effect. Perhaps there will be better migration
weather on Sunday.

Good Birding,

Ken & Sue Feustel