There were more Tree Swallows than I could count migrating down the beach at
Fort Tilden today. There was literally no morning flight from sun up until
10:00am and then the flood gates opened. For 2 and a half hours, hundreds of
birds were flying over at any given moment. I do not know how to estimate how
many Tree Swallows flew over, but would put it in the tens of thousands.After
an early push of passerines, they diminished leaving clouds of swallows flying
over.Had many Rough-winged and Bank, 2 Cliff, 1 Barn, countless TreeAlso 100+
Purple Finch2 SiskinsMany House and Goldfinch, Flickers, Blue Jays, Cedar
WaxwingsSmall numbers of Yellow-rumped Warblers25 Red-breasted NuthatchPlus
many Kestrels, Merlins, Shapries, Coopers, 1 Harrier, 1 Bald Eagle

-Isaac