There was a modest movement of birds along the barrier beach this AM, dominated by Flickers, Catbirds, and Phoebes. There was more sparrow diversity but still low numbers. At Jones Beach West End there were good numbers of Oystercatchers, Black-bellied Plovers, Forster's Terns, and Black Skimmers on the sandbar. Mixed in with the shorebirds were single Semipalmated and Western Sandpipers. After looking through the numerous Black-bellied's, with no sign of a Golden Plover, I found a lone Golden in the WE2 parking lot on my way out.

Ken Feustel