I observed a good westbound push of passerines from the Fort Tilden hawkwatch
platform this morning, highlighted (as expected this year) by a strong push of
Pine Siskins. Other species seen moving west in good numbers were:
-Yellow-rumped Warbler (difficult to get a total count of, as they were
everywhere, both on the ground and moving west),
-American Goldfinch (there were very few early, and then they picked up and
became possibly the dominant passerine towards the end of my time there),
-Purple Finch, House Finch, Cedar Waxwing, Northern Flicker, and a smattering
of American Robins.
-On the non-passerine front, American Kestrels were putting on a good show for
the last hour I was there, and the flight was still going strong when I left.

Other notables:
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (Westbound early in the morning)
Blue Grosbeak (Probably two, one of which was photographed at the Community
Garden around noon)
Broad-winged Hawk (Unusual on the coast. Juvenile bird seen twice)
Bald Eagle (2 individuals, including one moving slowly west high over the
hawkwatch)
Eastern Meadowlark (on one of the ballfields in the main part of the base)
Red-bellied Woodpecker, White-breasted Nuthatch, Northern Mockingbird (1 of
each of these uncommon coastal migrants were seen actively migrating from the
hawkwatch.

Complete eBird checklist with numbers here:

Yesterday morning  at Coney Island Creek Park in Brooklyn, Shane Blodgett and I
witnessed a good micro-fallout, which included the spot's first recorded
Nelson's Sparrow (as far as I know) in the dunes there, as well as 7 species of
Warbler (dominated by Yellow-rumpeds, which were moving through the dunes and
flying over).
Checklist for that is here:

Good Birding
-Doug Gochfeld. Brooklyn, NY.