On my way to Jefferson Market Garden in the West Village I passed through a
triangle park formed by Greenwich Avenue, 8th Avenue & Horatio Street
called Jackson Square. It's a very small park with Wifi and a 3 tiered
fountain. At my feet a bird flashed by, heading into the shrubbery around
the fountain, which had the look of a Lincoln's Sparrow. I waited around
and got great looks at the Lincoln's Sparrow a few minutes later near the
same spot around the fountain.

Lincoln's Sparrow was seen in both Bryant Park and Madison Square Park.

I spent 90 minutes in Bryant Park and 90 minutes in Madison Square Park.
The former is under heavy construction with food booths going up for the
Fall/Winter season and preparations for the ice skating rink has
disappeared the Great Lawn. I managed to get 16 species in Bryant Park and
18 species in Madison Square Park. The latter was overrun with people as
they are having some sort of festival with vendors. The most active area
was a closed off lawn with shrubbery just northwest of the oval in Madison
Square Park.

Here are the full lists at eBird.org:

Bryant Park (16 spp.): http://bit.ly/Oxo2ig
Madison Square Park (18 spp.): http://bit.ly/Oxo4H0