I counted at least 3 pied-billed grebes on Swan Lake in East Patchogue...
nothing else really of note aside from a Yellow-rumped warbler.

On Thursday I went down to Smith's Point and along the side of William
Floyd Parkway, just north of the entrance to the Marina I spotted a small
group of Turkeys which was quite surprising.  I also met up with a woman at
the nature center/watch tower who said she photographed turkeys there.
 Pretty interesting that there are now Turkey on Fire Island considering
they were all but gone from Long Island not long ago.

For photos from today, please visit:
http://birdsoflongisland.blogspot.com/2012/10/fall-colors.html

--
- Luke Ormand