The previously reported Pacific Loon continues in the bay off the shore of East
Moriches. Late this afternoon we, Tom Moran and I, observed the bird actively
feeding  along the bay's north shore. Best viewing was from the end of
Evergreen Ave, but if we could have teleported to the end of Watchogue Ave or
Maple Ave, we would have had superior views. All the loons in this section of
the bay were active and were typically visible only a few seconds at a time.
Towards the end of the day the birds stayed visible much longer. Be patient if
you go.