Had a light phase Rough-legged Hawk at Calverton this afternoon, initially
post hunting but later soaring over the grassland.  It was visible from
Rt25 just West of Parker Road (I did not go in to the airfield).

At Hulce Landing Road there were 191 Horned Larks (and nothing with them as
far as I could see).  The sparrow flocks at the North end of the road were
mostly in the brussels sprouts field so I couldn't get too close but I did
see 1 Vesper and 1 White-crowned Sparrow (among many White-throated and
Song Sparrows and a few Dark-eyed Juncos) as they moved around.

Anthony Collerton
Northwest Harbor, NY