The highlight, albeit brief, of a trip through north-central Suffolk
County was a flyover Ross's Goose in a flock of Canadas in
Northville.  My dad and I searched for several hours, but we did not
see the bird again.  During our searching, we encountered 3 Snow Goose
among the countless flocks of Canada Geese.

In Northville, we saw the continuing 13 American Pipits at the Reeves
Ave. Buffalo farm.  An immature White-crowned Sparrow was nearby.
Over on Doctors Path, in addition to several flocks of Horned Larks,
we found a group of 109 pipits.

A bit earlier in the day, we encountered 5 Vesper Sparrows along Hulse
Landing Road in Calverton.

Good birding,
      Michael McBrien
      East Patchogue