I'd like to add a quick word to this. I don't know Ken, but he is an
extraordinarily prolific contributor to xeno-canto, having contributed
thousands of recordings of Panamanian birds.

When I was doing field research in Panama, Ken's recordings were absolutely
invaluable in helping me get a handle on the sometimes-overwhelming local
avifauna. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's profited from them.

Here's one of his recordings of my study species, the Stripe-throated Wren.
He's captured all three of its common vocalizations in one recording, how
delightful! http://xeno-canto.org/18673

I don't live in NYC anymore, but if anybody there has a fix on an owl, it
would be a mitzvah to help out somebody who's contributed so much to the
birding community.

Best wishes,
Jesse Ross