On Monday, I tried 2 X for the blackbird, missing on both the AM and the PM
attempts. The flock was very active along Rt.25, from Edwards Ave to points
west. It came back to feed in the fields behind the Windy Acres Farm Stand at
least 4 X , while I was there. The farthest west I saw the flock was in trees
on the n/s/o  Rt. 25, just before the  Rt. 25A split.
On Tuesday, I invested ~ 5 hours before finding the bird (1 of 3 reported) at ~
3 PM, at a location, from which it had been reported previously. Upon first
finding the flock (~ 11:15 AM) in a field on the n/s of Rt. 25, e/o Edwards
Ave, and right past the Calverton Deli, all it's activity was to the east of
this location.The flock spent it's time equally between feeding on the ground
and hanging out in the trees. It ranged as far east as Tuomhy  Ave, with the
bird (a female, or imm. male) in the trees on the s/s of Rt. 25, just before
the road which takes you to the Spish Splash Water Park (there is a traffic
light at this intersection).
This bird was a tough one to get, almost 180 degree turn-around from my 1st NYS
Yellow-headed Blackbird, a female at a Centereach, L.I. feeder, on 2/25/78. Gil
Raynor, on a "telephone tip" from Tom Davis, had set up a Saturday AM
appointment with the owner, a wonderful lady who had a real active feeder
complex. She was at the door when we arrived, marched us through her fairly
small home, and in less than 5 minutes, was looking at the bird through her
kitchen window. I evidently did not write her name down, but I do remember
hearing that due to her meeting the many birders who came to see the blackbird,
she went on to become a member of NAS, possibly Great South Bay Audubon.
A few minutes in a heated house and then "pay day" - as opposed to ~ 5 hours
(probably 4+ out of the car) cold, some light snow, not much sun and a mass of
thousands of birds  which didn't stay motionless very long...but who's
complaining ?