I have posted some photographs of yesterday's interaction between the Gilgo
Beach Gyrfalcon and a Peregrine to my Flickr site
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffamy/ . It was about 4:40 pm when the Gyr
decided it wanted to take the "closest" osprey platform from the peregrine
standing on it. Once displaced the Peregrine dove on the Gyr at least a half
dozen times before giving up and leaving the Gyr to preen and rest. The photos
were digiscoped from a sizeable distance and it was late so there was not a
great deal of light but despite those limitations I did my best to document the
encounter. I think that the photos are best viewed large (by clicking on the
image) and then clicking the older button you can see the events as best as my
camera could keep up. Also there is a somewhat boring video of the bird
enjoying it hard won platform at the end of the photos.:)Thanks for your time
and thanks to all those that have helped so many of us to have the opportunity
to view this wonderful bird.
regards,
jeff davis

Downingtown, PA

Checkout our bird photos at the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffamy/

or for a slightly different viewing experience:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/jeffamy/
"Birding Like I Have Six Months To Live"