Just as an FYI, everyone should know that it turned out that these
particular Long-eared Owls were not subjected to purposeful disturbance.
The story: some branches were cut on their roost tree. Everyone presumed
that a photographer had done it, however, it turned out that a state agency
that had no knowledge of the birds' presence had just been performing
routine maintenance along a right-of-way. This doesn't change the intent of
Andrew's post, but I just didn't want this incident to cause bad feelings
and disenchantment about unspecified and non-existent evil-doers.

Hugh

Hugh McGuinness
Washington, D.C.